| Mission & Vision | Directions to Defense Supply Center Columbus | Organization | History
About DLA Land and Maritime
Throughout the world, DLA Land and Maritime is known to more than 24,000 military and civilian customers and 10,000 contractors, as one of the largest suppliers of weapon systems spare parts.
DLA Land and Maritime is the headquarters for the Supply and Demand chains of the Defense Logistics Agency located at Ft. Belvoir, Va. DLA Land and Maritime manages more than 2 million different items and accounts for approximately $5 billion in annual sales.
Today, having transformed from being a wholesaler to an end-to-end supply chain manager, DLA Land and Maritime's state-of-the-art systems connect business processes from the supplier to the customer through the Land and Maritime Supply and Demand Chains.
DLA Land and Maritime is located on the Defense Supply Center Columbus installation which has a long history in Columbus, Ohio, first opening its gates in 1918. The current DLA Land and Maritime Commander is Rear Admiral David R. Pimpo, USN.
The DLA Land and Maritime Deputy Commander is Mr. James M. McClaugherty. Mr. Milton K. Lewis is the Acquisition Executive.
Our Mission, Vision and Values are the foundation statements for its commitment to the Nation's Armed Forces. DLA Land and Maritime aligns its business initiatives with the DLA Strategic Plan goals to ensure our constancy of purpose in meeting the readiness needs of America's Warfighters.
DLA Land and Maritime’s corporate identifier, The DLA Land and Maritime Way, illustrates the principle components of DLA Land and Maritime culture and business/interpersonal ethics. The identifier defines the Center's expectations about customer support and the values we seek to promote among our associates.
Please use the following points of contact for further information about DLA Land and Maritime and we have several Professional Organizations which may be of interest to you.